The purpose of ABC of NC’s financial aid program is to support families in accessing ABC of NC educational programs and services. Financial aid is not provided for clinical services.
How are financial aid awards determined?
- Financial aid applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, and financial aid may be awarded at any time throughout the school year, provided funds and classroom space are available.
- When funds and classroom slots are available, on a first-come/first served basis, ABC of NC will contact families who have applied for financial aid to set up a trial classroom visit to determine whether we have an appropriate classroom placement for each child.
- If ABC of NC has an appropriate classroom placement available, the family will be offered a financial aid award.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Families who have a child with an autism spectrum disorder and who have a total household income of less than $150,000 are eligible to apply for financial aid. Due to limited available funds, not all families who qualify and apply will receive financial aid.
- Families who currently or previously have received any financial assistance for ABC of NC programs and services (e.g. grant-funded programs, scholarships, etc.) are eligible to apply.
- All families who do receive financial aid will be expected to pay a portion of their child’s tuition; amounts will be determined based on a basic sliding fee scale, which is adjusted for total number of individuals living in the household.
- Families will be invoiced monthly for their portion of the tuition.
How to apply:
- Click here to download the Financial Aid application. Financial Aid Applications may also be requested in our offices by calling (336) 251-1180 ext. 120.
- A complete financial aid application packet* also requires a copy of your most recent federal tax return (form 1040), submitted within the last 18 months, for every member of your household who filed, including children, showing income and expenses reported to the Internal Revenue Service. If you are exempt from filing, based on IRS requirements, you must attach document(s) showing ALL annual income for the last 12 months [e.g. social security statement(s), unemployment wage summary(ies), W-2(s),1099’s, interest statements, Medicaid statements, etc.] for every member of your household. If your employment situation has changed since the completion of your most recent tax return, you must provide formal documentation from an employer, former employer, the social security administration, or other official representative.
- Financial aid application packets must have been on file for no more than one year. ABC of NC will notify applicants when their applications are nearing expiration so that they can submit updated applications.
- If your family’s financial situation changes at any point during the year, you may submit an updated financial aid application.
*ABC of NC reserves the right to defer applications when additional information is needed.
Questions? Contact Leigh Ellen Spencer at (336) 251.1180 ext. 120.