Greetings and happy summer!
Did you know that the ABC of NC community “lives” its vision, mission and values? According to the 2016 AdvancEd accreditation external review team, that is indeed the case. We are so proud of this and the team’s other findings!
In 2011, ABC of NC reached an important milestone when we became accredited through AdvancEd and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI). In April, 2016, an external review team visited ABC of NC to conduct another review, and we are thrilled to announce that we achieved accreditation for another five years.
The team commended ABC of NC for the progress we have made toward our 2011 report’s improvement priorities, which included building stronger community partnerships and securing more sustainable funding so that more families can access services. Read on in our newsletter to learn more about some of these accomplishments.
This year, the team identified several “Powerful Practices”:
- All teachers used an instructional process that was individualized and targeted to each student’s developmental needs.
- Staff is well-trained and highly skilled in data collection and use, employing evidence-based instructional practices, therapeutic interventions and progress monitoring.
- Supervision and evaluation processes were focused on improving professional practice and ensuring student success and were consistently and regularly implemented.
- School leadership consistently reaches out and engages families and stakeholders in the day to day and long range direction of the school.
The team also identified two “Improvement Priorities” for the coming years:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a transition plan and process for all eligible students.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a technology plan that addresses both student learning needs and administrative operational needs.
We want to thank the many parents, students, volunteers, staff, and board members who participated in the accreditation process. This strong community of dedicated individuals is the reason we are “living” our mission every day!