The Engaging Educator Foundation and ABC of NC come together to offer a six-week series of improv classes for students ages 9-13 and ages 14-18.
Session 1: 8/22/17, 8/29/17, 9/5/17, 9/12/17, 9/19/17, 9/26/17
Session 2: Please join us for another session!
Session 3: 1/16/18, 1/23/18, 1/30/18, 2/6/18, 2/13/18, 2/20/18
Session 4: 3/13/18, 3/20/18, 3/27/18, 4/10/18, 4/17/18, 4/24/17
5:00-6:15pm (ages 9-13)
6:30-7:45pm (ages 14-18)
Cost: $330/six-week session
Improvisational (improv) theatre is often incorrectly stereotyped as unplanned, unstructured, and spontaneous. And while it is unrehearsed — just as life is — true improv is rooted in the practice of solid communication skills, making it beneficial for individuals on the autism spectrum who are working on social skills and language development.
Yes, AND! interactive programming:
- Explores creative improv-based exercises that support the social, behavioral, and communication goals of individuals on the spectrum.
- Is interpreted and customized for individuals on the spectrum.
- Follows the rules of listening, affirmation, repetition, effective communication, and conversation.
- Is presented through games and activities that engage participants in play-based learning.
- Works to reinforce and develop skills such as eye contact, spontaneous language, conversation, empathy, accessing emotions, storytelling, and listening.
Email Leigh Ellen Spencer or call ABC of NC at (336) 251-1180 ext. 120 to register for classes. You must register at least one week in advance. ABC of NC reserves the right to cancel classes if there are not enough participants.
Yes, AND! Improv and Social Skills Class