Intensive 1:1 Center-Based Services
These programs target skills such as: communication (receptive and expressive language), play/social skills, adaptive living skills, and when appropriate, small-group instruction/classroom routines with 1:1 support. Each student’s goals will be based on his/her Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
This program is designed for students who:
- may be very early learners and/or may have never been enrolled in an autism-specific education program
- may be having difficulty in or may not be ready for group education settings
- may have limited language skills, both expressive and receptive
- may have limited play interests
- may have difficulty with peer interactions
- may have significant aggressive, self-injurious, or destructive behaviors
Students may receive from one to six hours per day of intensive 1:1 instruction, and schedules can be adjusted to suit the needs of each student/family. Call for specific rates.
- Fully trained staff of teachers who provide one-on-one teaching
- Community outings/field trips for generalization and expansion of child’s interests
- Opportunity to participate in center-based instruction (with his/her 1:1 teacher) at any time
- Coordination of additional services when appropriate (e.g., provision of one-on-one aide for preschool or day care center; school observations by consultant)
- Individualized curriculum development
- Ongoing supervision by ABC of NC program supervisor
- Team meetings for family and educational team
- Written report following each team meeting
- Phone/e-mail consultation with parents
- Consistent data-based and qualitative evaluations of a child’s program and progress
- Attendance at child’s IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) meetings
See Admissions and Pricing for more information and to download an application.